Hey, bassheads! My name is Maggie, but those of you who know me probably know me as Euro_Bass. The girl with the slow, low, and “loud” Jetta. Today, I’m going to give a breakdown of everything that I currently have in my car!
Just to give a brief introduction of how I got into car audio; I started to gain interest in car audio in roughly 2014. However, it wasn’t until 2018 that I started to become serious about taking it up as a hobby. After I started learning as much as I could about it, I started to apply that knowledge in my own builds. Fast forward to today and I’m still actively learning new things! My goal in car audio is not to be the loudest, but to spread positivity and make this a more inclusive hobby for everyone! Becoming an affiliate as well as the communications manager for Down4Sound has helped me to continue to achieve this goal!
Both the vehicle and system currently run off of an 80ah bank of XS Power LTO cells, built by yours truly. LTO stands for lithium titanate oxide, the chemistry utilized within these cells. The LTO chemistry offers a few advantages including fast charging and discharging, a longer lifetime, a higher level of safety, and performance even in low temperatures. Not to mention their smaller footprint and weight. To produce 80ah requires 2 packs of 6 cells wired 6 in series 2 in parallel. A single pack of 6 cells offers 4,000w when paired with a 100A alternator, 5,000w when paired with a 200A alternator, and 6,000w when paired with a 300A alternator. The state of charge, which is based on voltage, is outlined in the table below. Considering the entire vehicle and system are run off the LTO bank, I do have a front battery delete done. This just consists of an empty battery case to fit into the stock location so that the stock negative and positive terminals can remain connected.
The acrylic casing that holds the 80ah bank is from Lange Audio Fabrications (LoudAF). These kits come with everything needed to assemble the battery bank in a clean and custom way. It includes the DIY acrylic case (which can be customized through color, engraving, and lights), terminals, link bars, and a balancer. You can find a walkthrough video of me assembling one of these battery banks here. My fuse block with LED lights was also purchased from LoudAF. Similar to the DIY acrylic case, these give an additional opportunity for customization through size, color, engraving, and lights.
My alternator is an internally regulated 250a high output alternator. This is paired with a Coventry Industries voltage control knob. The Coventry Industries voltage control knob allows me to exert more control over my voltage based on need. It is useful when driving and when demoing. When I drive, I turn down the voltage to 14.8v to allow the voltage to fluctuate safely. When I demo, I turn up the voltage to 15.0v+. Keep in mind that this knob will accommodate an internally regulated alternator only.
All power wire throughout the car is 1/0 Certified Basshead OFC wrapped in 3/4 inch pink and purple PET Tech Flex. Copper terminals and heat shrink throughout are also all Certified Basshead. RCAs are from Sky High Car Audio.
Mids and Highs
Currently, in my front doors, I’m running a set of Crossfire C7-SQ 6.5s. Soon, I will be upgrading the doors to include a set of Crossfire XT-PRO 8s and a set of Crossfire XS-ST1 tweeters in each door.
The Crossfire C7-SQ 6.5s Feature:
- Copper Pole Cap/Hybrid Composite Cone
- 28mm Silk Dome Tweeter
- Protective Magnet Boot
- 100w RMS
- Sensitivity 90db
- Woofer Outer Diameter (OD) 6.5 inches/165 millimeters
- Woofer Inner Diameter (ID) 5.75 inches/146 millimeters
- Woofer Mounting Depth 2.6 inches/66 millimeters
- Sold As Pair
The Crossfire XT-Pros Feature:
- 2″ Precision Wound CCAW Voice Coil
- Carbon Fiber Cone & Dustcap
- Cast Aluminum Basket
- Treated Cloth Accordion Surround
- Push Terminals
- 250w RMS
- Sensitivity 96db
- Frequency Range 70Hz to 10kHz
- Mounting Depth 3.5 inches
- Cut Out Diameter 7.2 inches
- Sold Individually
The Crossfire XS-ST1s Feature:
- Precision CNC Aluminum Horn Tweeter
- Chambered Neodymium Motor
- Aluminum Diaphragm w/ 1 Inch CCA Voice Coil
- Capacitor Included w/ Tweeter For Proper Frequency Cutoff
- Frequency Response: 2800Hz – 2800kHz
- Sensitivity 106db
- 80w RMS
- 160w MAX
- Speaker Size 3 inches
- Mounting Depth 1.9 inches/48 millimeters
- Sold Individually
The set of Crossfire C7-SQ 6.5s are being run off of a Crossfire C5-400.4 amplifier. Again, in the future, I will be upgrading the doors, and when I do I will be adding a Crossfire C5-800.4 to accompany the Crossfire C5-400.4
The Crossfire C5-400.4 Features:
- Advanced 5 Way Protection Circuit
- Mosfet PWM Power Supply
- Power/Protection Indicator
- Variable High-Pass/Low-Pass Crossover
- 2 Ohm Stable Stereo
- 4 Ohm Stable Bridged
- Variable 45hz Bass Boost
- 50w x 4 Channels @ 4 Ohm Stereo (14v)
- 200w x 2 Channels @ 4 Ohm Bridged (14v)
- Dimensions 13.2 inches (L) x 8.7 inches (W) x 2.4 inches (H)
Subs and Sub Amp
Currently, I am running 2 Crossfire XT3 12s with the baskets powder coated purple and a purple and pink dust cap logo. Crossfire offers many different colors to help you customize your subs to your liking. The enclosure they are in is roughly 4.4 cubes tuned to 31hz and uses an 8-inch aero port off to the driver’s side.
The Crossfire XT3s Feature:
- 3,000w RMS
- 3″ Made in USA High Temperature Voice Coil
- 875oz Motor Structure
- FEA Optimized Triple Stack Motor
- Multiple Spider Suspension
- Designed for Daily and Competition Use
- Carbon Fiber Dustcap
The Crossfire XT3-12s are being run off a Crossfire XT-8k at 0.7 ohms.
The Crossfire XT-8k Features:
- Dual Mosfet PWM Power Supply
- Stable Into 1 Ohm Mono Load
- 24db/Octave, Variable Low-Pass Crossover
- 24db/Octave, Variable Subsonic Filter
- 9db/Octave, Variable Bass Boost
- 180 Variable Phase Shift
- 4 Way Protection Circuit
- Subwoofer Level Controller w/ Clipping Indicator
- Working Voltage from 8.5v to 16v
The head unit in my car is a Pioneer DMH-1500NEX.
The Pioneer DMH-1500NEX Features:
- Apple CarPlay/Android Auto Compatible
- 7″ Touchscreen
- 4v RCA Preout Voltage
- 50w x 4 Channels @ 4 Ohm
- 50w x 2 Channels @ 4 Ohm
- 70w x 1 Channel @ 2 Ohm
- 13 Band EQ
- Built-in Digital Sound Processor
- Backup Camera
Don’t forget to use code Euro_Bass when making purchases at Down4SoundShop!